If the original $349 price tag for Wow Wee Robotics's eerie Alive Elvis animatronic head scared you off, we have good news.
Now you can get the singing, blinking, sneering, luxurious head-of-hair and leatherette jacket-wearing "The King" keepsake for just $99. The deal is only good through WowWee's online store.
We had a couple of Elvis Alive heads in here and can confirm they're life like (in the way that Joan River's face is still lifelike) and do offer lip-synching accompaniment to original Elvis Presley song recordings, thanks to an agreement with the Presley Estate.
The robot, which offers a couple of IR sensors for minimal interaction, is big, heavy and is really no Milli Vanilli when it comes to accurate lip synching. At nearly $400, we wrote it off as a too expensive and scary oddity that only die hard fans with weekly passes to Graceland could love.
At $99, all that hair and perfectly chiselled features, plus offering the option of kareoking with The King (thanks to an included microphone remote and the ability to turn the voice but not music, off) seems somewhat more attractive.
So tell us, would you pay almost ten sawbucks for the chance to have plastic and rubber sneer at you, "Thankyouverymuch."?
If you're still not sure, I present WowWee's own Top 10 Elvis Alive Uses, after the jump.
1. Ward of burglars with Elvis' infrared sensors
2. Take the HOV lane to work with Elvis as your passenger
3. Forget beauty school, all you need is a comb and hairspray to practice
4. His leather coat makes a nice shrug or bolero jacket
5. No need to go stag at your next high school reunion
6. Save money and skip hiring a band for your wedding
7. Scare your husband/wife by slipping him into your side of the bed
8. Freak out Priscilla from the audience of Dancing with the Stars
9. Feeling down? You know who to turn to for a quick make-out session
10. Give the Weekly World News, the "World's Only Reliable Newspaper," a reason to begin printing again
Posted: 24th. March 2008